top of page



Diamond Hill-Jarvis High School opened in 1904 as Diamond Hill School. In 1906, its campus moved from 28th Street to Hutchinson and Oscar. The first graduating class comprised 3 students who graduated in 1913.


In 1924, Diamond Hill School became part of the Forth Worth Public School System. The school mascot was changed to the eagle from the hilltopper in 1927. Students were relocated to North Side High School between 1931 and 1933 while the school was renovated.



In 1952–1971, the original buildings were used as an elementary school as the new campus located on Maydell was opened. The original Diamond Hill School buildings were torn down in 1971.


In 2006, it was placed 95th on Newsweek magazine's top 1200 high schools list. In 2021, the men's soccer team went to state for the first time in history. Students also participate in tennis, cross country, football, golf, softball, baseball, track, and powerlifting.

bottom of page